Sunday, October 28, 2007

Week 10 writting assignement

There are many many organizations that I have given way to much info out to in the past. A lot of times you don't even think about it until they have your info. For example I can think of countless times I have written my e-mail down on things, or filled it out on a form for some company, say to get a free magazine or enter a raffle. But that is also just minor info that one could probably find in a phone book.
The Internet has taken shopping to an entirely new level these days, one where we don't even have to leave the comforts of home to buy something we need. Because of this so much of our important private info is spread all over the web. It is kind of scary to think how many web sites I have typed all my credit card info onto, and also how many of these web sites store this info for later use.
I definitely think the type of organization effects how comfortable I am at giving out my information. If it is a big , well respected organization, lets say like itunes, I have no problem typing pretty much anything they tell me to type onto there application. I am very trusting of big well known corporations, which I feel is true about a lot of people. I don't think I have given my social security number out that much, but I guess there is the bank, my credit card company, the school, and probably a few close friends might know or have had access to it. I would never give out my social security number, credit card number, or anything else that is important information to some small company I had never heard of. The smaller and less established of a company the less I trust them. I don't think I would ever type my social security number into anything online unless I was applying for a job or school. I try and limit the amount of info I give to marketers, for example any kind of gimmick that I let myself be drawn into I try to always give fake information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home